Wednesday, April 21, 2010

Spain

By now I should know better than to actually make plans for anything.  But I don't.  Gunnar called me with his itinerary, flight information and schedule.  I reserved a table for two at his favorite restaurant, got a fabulous fancy hotel room downtown and started packing an overnight bag for the two of us.  Then he tells me that they are staying overnight in Spain and he'll be home today at noon.  I moved earth and sky to get Priceline to reimburse me for the hotel cancelation, and re-booked for tonight.  Then yep, you guessed it, he called again and said they decided to stay even longer in Spain and flying out the next day.  I have no flight information, not even a rough guess when he's coming home.  He could be flying right now, but I really don't have a clue.  I hope he makes it in at a reasonable time tonight so we can have the romantic date we've both been anticipating for so many months now.  I asked where they were going to have them sleep overnight in Spain.  Poor guy said that they are looking for a gymnasium floor, or something similar for the night.  I can't wait for him to get home so he can have a comfortable place to sleep, good food to eat, and our crazy kids to jump all over him!  How much longer do I have to wait?!

2 comments:

  1. That sounds so frustrating! I certainly hope that his R&R clock doesn't start ticking until he gets home to you!?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Good question Bekah! I should have mentioned that the clock doesn't start till his first full day here. So if he lands today, day 1 of R&R is tomorrow. That's why I wanted him here early in the day - it's like we win an extra day that way.

    ReplyDelete