Wednesday, January 11, 2012

So much to tell you!

So things around here have been busy, actually busy for the first time in years it seems.  I became involved in things around here all of the sudden.  It's weird and fun.  Here's a few highlights:
  • I run a facebook page with a few other girls.  It's for Ft. Bragg Wives and we have over 2000 members.  We talk about lots of different topics and it's a pretty interesting glimpse into the life of a wife around here.  Also, on the page I organize a lot of events like coffee dates, dinner parties, play dates, and meet and greets for new wives at Ft Bragg to come and meet some new friends, make connections and meet people.  I wish there had been a way to connect with other ladies when I first moved here so it's actually nice to provide that for other girls.
  • I was just recently asked to become key caller and co-leader for my FRG (Family Readiness Group).  I am in charge of communicating with the other wives while the husbands are deployed, among other things.  I never really saw myself as being part of this group but I'm really happy to help some other ladies through the deployment.  Again, I wish I had that sort of thing around here the first time Gunnar was in Afghanistan.
  • I had some sort of role at my kid's preschool organizing field trips but they just banned field trips for the undetermined future so I guess I'm off the hook on that one.
Oh!  By the way, did you pick up on the fact that there's another deployment looming in the near future?  Yep, they're heading out very soon and will be gone for most of the year.  Stupid, stupid war!!!  I'm really nervous about how I'm going to explain this to the kids.  Gus is 5 and starting to understand so much more than he did the last time.  I don't think he really even remembers Dad being gone for so long.  I think it's going to be very different this time and pretty rough for all of us. 

2 comments:

  1. I'm glad to see you are back to blogging, and sorry that I'm so far behind in reading!

    I've been thinking of you guys, and will continue to do so until things get sorted out (ie- Gunnar is home for good).

    Love to you from me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. You keep moving up the ranks like this and pretty soon you could become the reasonable woman in charge of the disorganized military. Things would be soooo much better then. :) I'll help keep you sane during deployment...lots of wine over the phone dates. xo

    ReplyDelete