Friday, October 16, 2009

So Much for Hoping

All I can say about last night's post is that I was

*Wrong

*Wrong

*Wrong

Gunnar is actually supposed to be deployed next Thursday. I am trying to process this but have no idea how to. We barely got to be together for 2 weeks and now prepping for a really long separation. I don't know what I'm supposed to do. Stay in Fort Bragg? Go back to Columbus? Split my time between the two? Who's going to get my mail and newspaper here? Ok - not a life or death situation but still, there's a lot of details to work out. I don't know if the property management company would be too keen on providing housing for people that just abandon it anyway. It's just really very confusing. Gunnar is really upset. On top of that he has a nasty cold and just feels like crap altogether. A part of me thinks he might really enjoy a lot of aspects to being deployed. It's boys with toys in the biggest playground in the world. I think he will actually do a really great job there too. This is what he does best. I don't know how to even think about missing him for an entire year though. It's crazy to think of all the things he's going to miss.

No comments:

Post a Comment