Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Yeah, So Anyways, About This Homecoming Business

I've been working hard getting ready for the big homecoming.  Got the dress, perfect accessories, shoes etc.  I did a dry run of the pick up location at Pope Air Force Base, which adjoins the Fort Bragg Army Base.  I made Gunnar's favorite lasagna, with all the fixin's.  The house is spic and span.  The kids are head over heels excited that we're picking up Daddy after lunch tomorrow. 


And then I get an automated call.  Gunnar's flight is delayed indefinitely


I should know more in the next 12-24 hours.  But as of right now, I have no idea where he is or when he's coming home.

So much for planning, eh?

2 comments:

  1. Totally ridiculous, right? I should have known better but thought for some reason his date and time would stick. We just got new info, and it looks like I'm getting up at 4am tomorrow. Hrmph!

    ReplyDelete