Thursday, May 21, 2009

Busy Bees

It's been a busy week here. Lots of packing, tossing things and trying to figure out what goes to the parents, what goes in storage, and what goes in the trash. I am trying to keep it together but reality hit me like a ton of bricks last night when I realized we have only a few more days and nights together. Gunnar's parents will be here most of the weekend helping us move and undoubtedly they want some more time with Gunnar before he heads to Oklahoma. And so do I. We are enjoying ourselves as much as we can (with 2 kids and a house to move). We had a few cold ones on a patio last night, and had our favorite tabbouleh this afternoon. I am hoping for one more nice date with just the two of us sometime before he has to leave next week.

Tomorrow also marks my last day as a full time employee at Children's Hospital. So very many mixed emotions! I am so excited to be a stay at home mama for my kids but boy oh boy I am going to miss everyone (ok - almost everyone!) at work. I love, respect and admire so many of the women I work with. I think they do the most amazing work everyday and I have learned so much from them. It's been a joy and and honor to work with such lovely ladies.

The highlight of my weekend amidst all the chaos, hustle and bustle, is that my very dearest friend Rachel is in town this week. The person that keeps me the most sane - which is exactly what I need right now.

No comments:

Post a Comment