Saturday, May 16, 2009

Underway

Well we are getting ready for moving day next weekend. I have to admit I really hate moving but I am so excited to be going to my parents for the summer. We found a storage unit and will likely be filling it to the brim next weekend. I am trying to only take the essentials to the parent's house so we don't completely bombard them. But what exactly are the essentials when you have a 2 year old and a baby? Pretty much everything but the kitchen sink, I think. Gunnar has only a week and a half left before he leaves. I am dreading the day most of the time. Other times I just wish it would hurry up and get here so we can get on with it, and get it over with too.

Next Friday also marks my last day as a full time working mom. I can't begin to describe how happy I am to finally be with my kids more than at work. I am nervous as all heck to leave my job - to put it simply, I adore the girls I work with. My manager neglected to hire my replacement until after I leave my full time status so training will be interesting. Gunnar keeps telling me it's not my problem anymore but it's not really that easy. Even though there have been a lot of changes there, I still feel a lot of loyalty to the place.

We are definitely trying to make the most of our last few days together. Gunnar and I have never really been apart before. We've been together for almost 11 years, and living together for at least 8, give or take. I can't really imagine what this is going to be like, but I'll find out soon enough I suppose. I wish we could just relax and spend the time together but there is just too much to do! Packing and organizing and everything else really gets in the way. I am hoping to take him out on a nice date sometime next week.

For your viewing pleasure, I found some ridiculously adorable photos of Gunnar from his first enlistment waaaaayyyy back when (no really - it was a really long time ago, I was in the 5th grade or something).



October 1991 - First week of Basic Training




Summer 1993 - From boy to man in just 2 years *sigh*

No comments:

Post a Comment